(Bucks County and Township Tax Information)
March 1st County and Township Bills are received
- April 30th Ends Discount Period. There is a 2% discount given if the tax payment is post marked by April 30th. Metered Mail is not an acceptable Post Mark.
- June 30th ends the face period of the tax bill. Payments must be postmarked by June 30th. Metered Mail is not an acceptable Post mark.
- After June 30th to December 15th is the Penalty Phase of the tax bill. Metered Mail is not an acceptable Post Mark.
- PAYMENTS AFTER DECEMBER 15TH TO DECEMBER 31ST MUST BE PAID WITH AN OFFICIAL BANK CHECK OR CERTIFIED FUNDS.
PAYMENT MUST BE POST MARKED BY DECEMBER 31ST. METERED MAIL IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE POST MARK.
All Tax Payments not made by December 31st must be made payable to the Bucks County Tax Claim Bureau.
Their information is listed below. All questions on liened parcels must be directed to THE TAX CLAIM BUREAU.
DOYLESTOWN TAX CLAIM BUREAU
55 E. COURT STREET
DOYLESTOWN PA 18901
- No Receipt Requested: Return only the Tax Collector Copy with your payment.
- Stamped Receipt: Return the entire bill with the payment and a self addressed stamped envelope.
- Staples: Please do not staple your check to the bill.
- Online Banking: Include parcel number as the reference on your payment.
- Deadlines: Payments must be received or postmarked by the USPS by the due date.
- Due Dates: Should a due date fall on a weekend or holiday, payments are considered timely if postmarked by the next business day.
- Checks will be processed upon receipt: Postdated checks will not be held.
- Returned Checks: Returned checks are not considered timely payment.
- Escrow Account: If a bank or mortgage company pays your real estate taxes, please forward the tax bill to them immediately.
- County/Municipal Tax Year: January 1st to December 31st.
- Assessment Questions: Call the Bucks County Board of Assessment at 215-348-6219
- Address Changes: Please email my Tax Office of any address changes, or send the address change to me in writing.
- Disabled Accommodations: Please call the Tax Office if you require special arrangements.
- Holidays: Tax Office will be closed all legal holidays. Check the answering machine and website for other closings.
- Vacations and Closings: Vacation Hours and Closings will be on the answering machine and website.
DID NOT RECEIVE TAX BILL: BY LAW, FAILURE TO RECEIVE THE TAX BILL DOES NOT RELIEVE ANY TAXPAYER
FROM PAYMENT OF TAXES. IN FACT, THE TAXPAYER MUST BE CHARGED AS IF THE TAX BILL WAS RECEIVED.